Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Building realistic simulations
Kit 
Senior

Loc: Central Massachusetts
Reg: 11-29-04
04-15-17 10:54 PM - Post#228749    

Hey Mike Jzmes,

Since our last communication, I got a general idea how to simulate the outcome of a college basketball game. Now that the season is over, the compilation of relevant statistics is completed, I would like to use the collected data to build my own C programming language-based model. I would like to get individual players minutes played, shots attempted, shots made, 3-point shots attempted, 3-point shots made, free- throw shots attempted, free-throw shots made, fouls committed, turnovers committed, steals, shots blocked, number of offensive rebounds, number of defensive rebounds, assists, average number of possessions, height, and position(s) played. I would like to obtain such records for each of 351 Division I teams who compete in the NCAA. Is such data readily available is a usable format (i.e. raw text file with spaces, tabs, and new-line characters as delimiters) since extracting said information from a worksheet file (i.e. Excel file, or a Word document, or some flavor of database files is a royal pain in the a--. Could you help me in getting such data sets, since it would be nice to replay this season especially since my favorite team (Princeton) performed remarkably well. Your assistance in regard to this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-- Kit

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.411 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:05 AM