Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Stefanini
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
04-22-17 02:31 PM - Post#228873    
    In response to mrjames

Well, this does lead directly to a discussion of the top back courts. Princeton went undefeated and returns an Ivy first teamer and defensive player of the year (Stephens) plus an honorable mention PG (Cannady). I'd take them over Columbia right now, and my guess is that will be true until they graduate.

Yale returns an Ivy first teamer too, plus a 2nd teamer in Oni (and then a plus scorer in Copeland and a plus defender in Phils). They seem ahead as well.

Harvard was much better than Columbia this past year, and their best player was probably Aiken.

So I guess I'm of the opinion that Columbia isn't top 3 in backcourt next year. But we'll see.

I also think that Columbia's backcourt recruits, while good, would rank behind those coming in for Princeton, Harvard, and Penn. The players have different skill sets (Harvard and Princeton don't have any PGs coming in), of course, and recruiting is far from certain. But I wouldn't presume that Columbia catches up significantly based on what is coming in at the other guard spot.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.171 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:15 AM