Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2018 Ivy Tournament Back At The Palestra
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
05-14-17 10:30 PM - Post#229324    
    In response to mrjames

Mike, I always respect your opinions, and I acknowledge you've got more lots more info than I do as to what is going on in terms of incentives and future plans, but . . . Is this really the end of the world? My Penn fandom may have played into it, but I had a great time with the tournament, and I liked the way the league worked on the branding. The league has a great venue that is part of the brand -- is playing that up really so bad, even if it has some competitive impact? Do we know that doing it the same way in 2018 is indicative of what will be done once the tournament is more established? And while I am cautiously optimistic about Penn's chances of competing next year, they did have to struggle and get a little lucky just yo sneak in as the 4 last year. It may be a little easier next year, but Penn is unlikely to make the jump to the level where the advantage becomes a huge issue for the league. i'm selfishly excited about another year where I don't have to hit the road significantly to watch the tournament.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.519 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:53 AM