Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2018 Ivy Tournament Back At The Palestra
Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
05-16-17 04:26 PM - Post#229394    
    In response to palestra38

I'm not for doing away with the sport of football. Hard work and learning team values are important to success in football and most other endeavors in life. But, in this case, I think the Ivies have struck the right balance. HY can have The Game. I still get great satisfaction from beating either one, or Penn or Dartmouth or BCC for that matter. An Ivy Crown means a lot more to me than an NCAA Division AA game against anyone, win or lose. The best rivals are those who have your same values. I realize that a few years ago Penn had reason to believe that it could compete with the top AA programs. But, I believe that the costs to the university in football slots, injuries, time and academic pressure to the players as well as many other factors confirm that the current situation is the best situation, given minor tweaks to maintain reasonable parity within the League. The Ivies have nothing to apologize for. Take that chip off your shoulder and, like Penn Nation, give a few more bucks to the Friends of Penn Football. It will make me enjoy seeing my Tigers kick Penn's butt (something we haven't done much since my college days) even more.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.754 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:18 AM