Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Your all time Brown 5
JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
07-15-17 06:15 AM - Post#230928    
    In response to Silver Maple

Turner is probably on my ten man team. But I would not put him ahead of Berman, Brown, or Cingiser. Turner played during a low ebb for the league, as ridiculous escalating costs and no scholarships or aid packages like those today reduced the level of talent significantly.

Berman was the greatest scorer in school history on a per game average. I believe he averaged 25 points per game his Sr year. I recall the weekend he scored 38 points both nights against Cornell and Columbia. One of the top free throw shooters in the country, as well. He also had a strong mid-range game and also scored inside at 6-7 with broad shoulders and strong frame.

Phil Brown was a super talent who lead the team to new heights in league play during a period the league was quite strong. His shot blocking and rebounding could be dominant at times, getting the ball out to the swift Eddie Morris, as well as Vaughn Clark, and Loyde Desvinge on the wings. The most exciting period of Brown hoops ever. Hands down. And if the dunk hadn't been banned due to Lew Alcindor at UCLA, it would have that much more fun.

Cingiser was an strong all-around athlete, three time all-Ivy, and was the schools' all-time leading scorer for years until Berman shattered his record.

Edited by JBears on 07-15-17 06:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.157 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:34 AM