Username Post: Back to next season
Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
08-10-17 08:43 PM - Post#231830    
    In response to mrjames

Listen I would love nothing better than to see Penn surprise and break top 100, but unless a few guys make big leaps AND Jelani is fully recovered and impresses right away AND Jarrod comes in with a AJ Brodeur type fresh year.

We got to 171 KP but lost a key player, so to me the most likely path of progress is get to 125ish this year, get an equally good recruiting class for 2018 (need to land at least one star like Cotton and not a bunch of 2 star guys), and then break top 100 next year.

That doesn't mean we can't be 125ish this year, come in 4th, and pull some real upsets to be dancing... but it means that is a much lower probability to Princeton, Yale or Harvard winning.

I also agree with Mike that depth is critical and frankly we aren't there yet. I think we are closer with quality starters, but we still just need more. If Donahue can pull in another good class with a star level player in 2018, I think we are in good shape. If not and Mike is right about AI hurting us, then color me concerned moving forward.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.25 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:28 AM