Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Back to next season
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
08-12-17 12:21 PM - Post#231892    
    In response to AsiaSunset

Obviously he isn't going to play 5 guards, I was being facetious.

If AJ/Max are not a good 4/5 combo then how is adding Jarrod going to change that?

I agree w MrJ that Howard was a unique mix and we will have to see how Donahue employs the current talents.

Part of my notion that Donahue doesn't want 2 bigs on the floor stems from the fact he started Matt McDonald most of the first half of the year last year. Max looks like a much more productive player than Matt (certainly during that stretch) yet AJ/Max appeared few times on the floor together and for very short stretches.

Someone posted that a lack of depth kept Donahue from playing 2 bigs more often last year, which is plausible. If AJ/Max got into foul trouble, there weren't many other good options. Jarrod should change that. I hope so because some combination of 2 of AJ/Max/Jarrod all the time may be part of our best lineup.

I still think Betley will make the biggest jump and will become our best player pretty quickly.

So I see Frontcourt combo of AJ/Max/Jarrod (2 of the 3) along with Betley and then Goodman/Darnell/Woods/Jac kson battling for the guard spots along with Jelani once he is full go. That's 9 players without mentioning MacDonald, Tyler, Silpe, C Wood, Eddie Scott and S Jones (or 7 foot Jackson).

Going to be a competitive fall for the Quakers.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.243 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:46 AM