Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Gulf Coast Showcase
Glenflesk 
Freshman

Loc: Subr Phila
Reg: 11-20-08
08-26-17 09:14 AM - Post#232428    
    In response to T.P.F.K.A.D.W.

I’m actually relieved to read the snarky comments here about the lack of competition in this tournament and that we’re going to rack up some valueless wins and probably win the tournament. I was initially concerned when I read the sponsor’s evidently over-hyped descriptions of the other teams from the tournament website, including:

“On the men’s side, the Gulf Coast Showcase is strictly for mid-major programs and this year’s event has some of the best rising coaches in all of college basketball,” said Brooks Downing, president of bd Global, the tournament owner. “Coach Masiello has led Manhattan to two NCAA Tournaments, Pat Skerry has won 20-plus games in three of the past four seasons and Coach Richardson set the school-record for wins last year at UMKC.”

The men’s tournament field is headlined by Towson, a favorite to win the Colonial Conference title this season, Georgia Southern, who many believe will contend for an NCAA Tournament berth in the Sun Belt, and a rebuilding Florida Atlantic squad whose campus is in nearby Boca Raton.

Whew!

Of course, if we weren't angry and snarky, we wouldn't post here.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.149 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:55 AM