Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn Hoops' Student Data Analyst Commits Suicide
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
09-06-17 07:57 AM - Post#232657    
    In response to palestra38

While the change in the student body and other factors may contribute, I don't think it's a primary cause. My guess is that it's a combination of things - perhaps the type of kids who are at our universities are more prone to depression + a different and more stressful environment away from the support system the student grew up with triggers extreme depression.

I don't think this is anything new. I went to Penn in the early '80s and lost one of my floormates to suicide. I never would have guessed he would have committed suicide, he seemed outgoing and happy. We spoke the day before he jumped, I didn't notice anything different with him. It's difficult for a layman to even know what's going on. He wasn't the only one who committed suicide while I was at Penn.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.204 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:14 AM