Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Race, Activism, and Ivy Hoops
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
09-17-17 09:05 PM - Post#232909    
    In response to section110

I guess I'm cheating a bit, because I consider those mid-90s Penn teams and those mid-to-late 90s Princeton teams to be teams one and two. The early 90s Princeton team is number 3. Early 2000s Penn team is number four. And team five (Cornell), I sort of write off as luck. That's five sets of teams since 1980. Since Amaker showed up, he's had the two sets of teams that won five straight and a new team that seems poised to make a run. James Jones never sniffed a team like we saw in 2015 in the 2000s, and he's essentially got a new team that should be quite strong. Princeton's had two strong teams this decade as well.

That's five sets this decade after five sets in three. And I think that squares with the number of Top 100 teams we've had as well, which is pretty similar for the first three decades of the AI era and this decade.

Now the 1960s and 1970s... that's obviously a whole different story.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.928 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:57 AM