Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2018 recruiting
AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
10-06-17 11:37 AM - Post#233551    
    In response to Jeff2sf

Jeff- I think you are correct in your comments, although I'd describe him as having average athleticism. One thing we know is that above average athleticism doesn't necessarily correlate to success in our league.

I mean no one would ever see players like Hans Brase pick a quarter off the top of the backboard. And guys like Sherard and Sears wouldn't qualify either.

I think it's paramount in Donahue's scheme that one has the ability to put the ball in the basket. If we have a 4 who can shoot 40%+ and run the floor and rebound a bit, we have a pretty good mid major, ivy league contributor. The problem we struggle with is we don't have guys that consistently make the open shots our offense is designed to generate, nor have we had the kind of guards who can consistently beat their man off the dribble and dish the ball to guys who then knock down the open 3 pointer. I'm guessing a commitment from a player with Wang's skill set would be welcomed and that he would fit in quite nicely with our current mix.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.463 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:58 AM