Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 17-18 Season Previews
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
10-18-17 07:43 PM - Post#234170    
    In response to SomeGuy

I think this group will figure out ways to score even against solid defense. They have a lot of guys who can pass, shoot, and dribble, they'll be unselfish and move without the ball, and the Big 3 at least can free themselves or make a tough shot much of the time, if necessary. It's just a question of getting down the rhythm of each player's best moves and how much they want to go old-school vs. the more compressed, drive-oriented attack they showed last season.

I'm not so sure how well they'll stand up defensively, both first-shot and in terms of defensive rebounding. They could be fine, especially if the freshmen turn out to have the knack and the mentality (plenty of athleticism there), but I feel like Bell needs to find his inner Mike Connelly Jr. and Cannady needs to find his inner Steph Curry (wouldn't mind that at either end, actually). Stephens covers a multitude of sins, but we have a lot of opponents with multiple scorers and passers at the guard position, and somebody has to stay in front of the Copelands and Masons and Aikens, not to mention the non-conference players PU will face.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.008 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:25 AM