Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 17-18 Season Previews
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
10-27-17 01:35 PM - Post#234823    
    In response to JadwinGeorge

One optimistic offensive scenario not involving freshman magic is that last season Cannady was deferring a lot and not getting in rhythm but that he will explode now (including on drives), Stephens is ready to put in a Wesley Saunders-like two-way performance, and Bell can play like the second half of last season or better. That would take much of the pressure off of replacing Weisz's point-forward role and Cook's scoring contribution .

A different optimistic offensive scenario is that the Tigers can rededicate to using backdoor cuts in combination with the three-point game to wrongfoot defenders (ironically, I've seen NBA teams doing this stuff more in the last few years than I have the Tigers--when the Celtics stole that playoff game last season from the Cavs after Thomas got hurt, Avery Bradley looked like he would have fit right in with Kit Mueller and company). It seemed like last season they relied heavily on athletic ability or mismatches to get good looks inside, and that worked pretty well at times, but there was a lot of tentativeness (and turnovers) on cuts to the basket.

I still think that defense could be the area where the team has to make the biggest adjustment, especially if freshmen play significant minutes.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.172 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:04 AM