Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Butler
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
11-08-17 10:24 PM - Post#235715    
    In response to JadwinGeorge

Coach made very positive comments last year at Media Day and then the Tigers struggled in non-conference play. I suspect that he made the glowing comments this year as part of coach speak to get his team to have the proper mental outlook going into the season. As a fan, I would prefer that he does not set unrealistic expectations but he is probably doing it for the team. My preference is that he makes sure that the team is not over confident.

I did like to hear Cannady keep talking about playing good defense this year so Coach is working on his head.

At the end of the day, his comments to the press/public really has little bearing as long as the team is focused and ready to go. Unfortunately, that was not the case at the beginning of last year until they had St. Joe's outmuscle them and kick the Tigers' butt at Jadwin.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.261 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:34 AM