Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Navy
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
11-15-17 09:59 AM - Post#236367    

The Quakers are back in action at the Palestra, tonight, against Navy.

Game Notes: http://www.pennathletics.com/documents/2017/11/14/ ...

The probable starters are again Foreman (G), Woods (G), Betley (G), Brodeur (F), Rothschild (C)

According to KenPom, Penn is 160 and Navy is 169. Navy was ranked 3rd in the Patriot League preseason poll.

While SD seems to be experimenting over the first two games, I am hoping to see Brodeur play closer to the basket, while he and Betley take more shots.

Wood seems to have earned much more playing time to see what he can do, after his performances in the first two games. It is a testament to his hard work that he has gotten himself back in the conversation after he played himself out of the rotation last season. This happened with Foreman last year, and hopefully, the same can happen with Caleb.

Speaking of Foreman, while he has earned his starting role over the last year, if the game is close, as I expect it will be, I hope that the coaching staff or his teammates can find a way to take the ball out of his hands as the clock winds down.

FWIW -
Last year, Penn lost 70-68 in Annapolis. Penn was down 10 at the half, but took an 8 point lead with 9:13 to go. The Quakers went 5:21 without scoring a point and Navy scored the last 9 points for the win.

Over the last 9:13, Foreman went 0-3 with one foul, Wood went 0-3 (0-2 from three) with 3 turnovers and 2 fouls, while Donahue went 1-2 (1-1 from three).

For that game, Wood scored 15 points (6-12 shooting, including 3-8 from three) in 35 minutes, Foreman scored 5 points (2-9 shooting, 1-3 from three) in 24 minutes and Donahue had 12 points (4-11 shooting, 4-10 from three) in 27 minutes.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.807 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:03 PM