Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
11-15-17 01:01 PM - Post#236391    
    In response to rbg

None of the evidence points to this being anything but a surprise. Doesn't mean it wasn't a long time coming but I kind of doubt it.

Quotes from EB himself about the pending season are public as well as quotes from the HC about same. The interview with the HC after the fact tells us he was surprised by the decision and it was sudden.

I have heard from multiple sources (including on here--FWIW) that he was not elected captain and immediately after that decision (early last week?) he quit and informed the coaches.

I don't doubt for a second he has considered this for some time and something has kept him from pulling the trigger. Perhaps it was the ridiculous coaches snub from 1st team All Ivy, perhaps it is the wear and tear of a losing season with high usage, maybe he was estranged from his teammates. Whatever it was, he snapped last week and here we are.

EB has always seemed to play with a chip on his shoulder. I have no doubt he will be highly sought after and will have many choices after he graduates from Dartmouth.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.5 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:09 AM