Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Manhattan
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
11-19-17 07:01 PM - Post#236956    
    In response to 84grad

Great observations 84Grad. I was there as well and completely agree with your observations.

Manhattan's starting center is very athletic, but their backup ended up on the court with Lewis a lot, leading to Chris scoring 12 points on 4-4 shooting (and 4-4 FT). Unfortunately, I only seem to recall Harvard posting Lewis a couple of time. Even if Manhattan collapsed the zone on him, there would have been good outside looks.

I agree with the article from NYC Buckets. Tommy made his point by sitting the starters. Probably cost Harvard a game, but it could be better for the long term.

The other thing I would add is that both Holy Cross and Manhattan pressed the entire game, ostensibly to wear down Bryce. Harvard generally breaks the press, then slows down and sets up a half court offense. In the second half, Harvard erased a 15 point deficit by continuing to the hoop once it broke the press. If your opponent is willing to overplay and gamble, I was taught that you have to make them pay by taking advantage of it.

I too think that Harvard will be fine, but the ceiling for this year may be lower than initially thought.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.224 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:23 PM