Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bagnoli is a genius
Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
11-22-17 11:28 AM - Post#237333    
    In response to mrjames

I agree that Kyle was a terrific game coach, but I am not ready to disparage his successor or the players based upon a single loss last night to a surprisingly good and talented Army team at West Point. After all, we played well in the opening game of the season against the nation's #1 team, Villanova, and then played reasonably well against another powerful team, Penn State, at their home court. We also did ok against an athletic Longwood team. So let's hope that the loss to Army last night was more of an aberration than a tendency and that the team will learn from the experience and bound back. In that regard, I am convinced that the Lions have the puzzle pieces for a very successful season and that it is just a matter of fitting the pieces together which does not require the extraordinary genius of an Al Bagnoli or the exceptional game skills of a Kyle Smith. Mike Smith is a terrific point guard, Lukas Meisner is very close to being a dominant Ivy League player (if he stops shooting threes and stays near the basket), Faulds, Bibbs, Hanson and Stefanini are four very talented freshmen and Adlesh and Hickman are prolific scorers who just need some fining tuning. Throw in Hunter, who needs also to stay near the basket and put up some points, Killingsworth who is a talented shooter and ballhandler and now Barba who looked solid last night, so, in my opinion, there is reason to hope.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.634 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:19 AM