Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Albany
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
11-23-17 12:16 PM - Post#237453    
    In response to Cooper

Back from Europe after two months to watch this and...we lost. I don't share your optimism. Do you really think we are going to shoot this well every game? Unlikely. Not having Boudreaux is a huge miss on the glass. Has been every game so far this season. Our 3 big men had 13 total rebounds tonight. He used to get nearly 10 a game by himself for two straight seasons. After 3 games, Miles Wright is our leading rebounder at 5.7/g! That includes D3 patsy Emerson. Guess who our leading rebounder was in that game? Brendan Barry with 7. Huh? We may replace Boudreaux's two seasons of consistently scoring 17.5 ppg by spreading the scoring out, but it is asking a lot of a historically inconsistent scoring team (see Miles Wright) to consistently replace Boudreaux's scoring.
Tonight's starting 5 had 12 turnovers. Guilien the Junior 3-10 from the field. Same lower your head, drive to the basket stuff from last year. Exactly the same player as his freshman year. He is much too slow defensively for a 2 guard and cannot stop his man when they drive to the basket. I saw Albany post up our guards on the block multiple times and they scored at will. Taylor is, well, the same erratic no defense player he's always been. Miles 21 pts but little to no defense and his shot selection is very iffy. Oh,and 4 TO's. Barry shooting consistency a bright spot, as is Chris Knight (a true rim protector)who's got potential but is a very raw young talent. Other than Knight, no freshmen contributing much. This is Mclaughlin's first recruiting class. Mclaughlin game coaching generally ineffective as usual. How does he not start Chris Knight??? He starts Aaryn Rai 3 straight games as our starting Forward, averaging 4.7ppg and 3 reb/g in 3 games. He got 5 pts and 3 rebs in 21 mins against D3 Emerson.....Huh? Knight averaging 13.7ppg and 4.7 reb/g this season. And Knight is athletic while Rai is....not. I don't get this at all. And you can set your watch by this: Anytime someone makes a couple of shots in a row, Mclaughlin pulls him out of the game. UGH. Finally, I think Mclaughlin has to get dinged by Sheehy for letting Boudreaux get away. Someone is going to get a great player for two years and he used to be on our team. Happy for Boudreaux, but very frustrating that our coach(es) couldn't get him to stay. I'm trying to stay positive, but just like I wouldn't use the D3 Emerson patsy win as a marker, I don't think using this game as a marker works either. And I, like you, realize Boudreaux is gone for good and its time to move on. But after this season is over, I think we'll all wish we still had Boudreaux. I know Mclaughlin and Sheehy will. And as usual, I hope I'm wrong...

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.215 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:37 AM