Username Post: St. Joes Game
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
11-28-17 09:10 PM - Post#238232    
    In response to MrPhillie

• MrPhillie Said:
Looking at St. Joe’s roster and games this year, even though Newkirk leads them in scoring, I’m more concerned with Demery, Funk and Oliva. Newkirk is shooting only 38% to get his points and I think Stephen may give him some trouble. But Funk is 6’9”-10” and shoots a ton of threes, not sure who will match up with him. And Demery looks to be the athletic type to be a matchup problem as well.

Looking at matchups, 6-10 freshman center Longpre is the starter (ahead of Funk) and I imagine Nana will guard him, with Zach on Oliva and Moore on Demery. When Funk - who is largely a 3-point shooter despite his size - enters, then I see Zach guarding him and Nana switching onto Oliva, who mostly stays close to the basket.

Newkirk is only hitting 26.5% on his threes thus far - as he returns from ACL surgery - but he is still very dangerous. He shot a lot better last year before his injury.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.178 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:55 PM