Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Lehigh
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
11-29-17 11:55 PM - Post#238491    
    In response to TigerFan

I agree regarding Morales and Much. My suggestions which are probably wrong would be the following. Amir Bell is a wonderful young man but I do not believe that he has strong leadership skills even though he has taken on the role of Spencer Weisz. During the course of the year, I would turn to Devin to take over the team as he has the will to win just like Weisz and Cook -- they neeed it.

As to rotation, I would go thru growing pains and go with the following:
Guards -- Cannady, Bell and Morales -- no more Young
Forwards -- Stephens, Much and I would go more athletic with Desrosiers and/or Barnes as a back up. I would not play Schweiger or Leblanc much as they are simply not quick enough --- sad for Leblanc
Center -- Arirguzoh, Much and occasionally Gladson but not too much as he is simply too slow of foot and does not hit open 3 pointers. Brennan no more

Coach needs to sit down with Stephens. He has lost some confidence and he is not shutting down the opposing team. Played a lot harder in the 2nd half but he needs to step up defensively for 35 minutes.

My thought is to go young -- make mistakes but play guys who can conceivably get you to the next level. The old Princeton offense probably does not work with this group so go athletic.

Finally, Cannady is simply a player -- he will become or is the heart and soul of this team. He is ferocious not particularly a great defender but a winner. Ride him for as long as you can -- he will not disappoint.

I am probably wrong but sometimes, you need to take a step back to go two steps forward.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.354 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:23 PM