Username Post: Bison Women's Basketball 2017-18
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
12-01-17 05:29 PM - Post#238710    
    In response to jkrun80

• jkrun80 Said:
The turnovers are a problem, but I attribute it to inexperience. You've got five players (4 frosh + Mack) playing their first college season and two others (Dumiak & Mikkelsen) getting their first significant playing time. I also think English has been trying to carry the team at times with the lack of experience around her and forces some things that aren't there. By the time they get to league play I'll bet the turnover rate comes down.

Hopefully that stat will improve, but this team really has at least an average amount of experience. Four of the five starters (Slagus, English, Walker, and Romaine) are juniors or seniors who have played a lot in past years. True, juniors Dumiak and Mikkelsen haven't played as much - but playing in their third year, they should know the system well. Between these six juniors/seniors, they account for 143 of the 200 minutes played per game. And reserve PG, Gia Hayes, played over 11 mpg last year and is playing 15 mpg this year. Compared to other teams on the schedule, that is not really an inexperienced team.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.752 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:03 PM