Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: McLaughlin too stubborn to succeed
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
12-07-17 03:43 AM - Post#239452    
    In response to Cooper

I'm sure it'll be a good time catching up with former teammates but...after all the reminiscing is over, what is going to be said in low whispers about Mclaughlin's abysmal coaching and the poor performance of this year's team? Let me guess what Mclaughlin says: "we're getting better as a team", or "you can't change a program overnight", or "if Boudreaux hadn't left....", or, God forbid, "our kids are working harder, and smarter, and more together than ever". I don't think you'll hear "I am having a very difficult time coaching" or "I have no idea how to attack a 1-3-1 zone", or "should I foul the opposing player on the inbound play with 1:45 left and down by 8, or should I have my team wait 15 seconds, try to steal, and therefore effectively do the other teams job of running out the clock?", or perhaps "using Evan Boudreaux as recruiting bait in my first recruiting class has effectively produced 1 out of 5 recruits that should start during their careers." (cue the Chris Knight should start chants) The yea, rah rah, "Dartmouth basketball is great" stuff is fine for a little while, but the giant elephant in the room that weekend is that the Dartmouth Men's Basketball program flew south last winter and isn't expected back to nest this season, next season, or any season soon...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.246 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:47 AM