Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Lafayette
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
12-07-17 12:44 PM - Post#239502    
    In response to PennFan10

I'd be a bit careful about the rebounding stats. Penn is quite good at rebounding, but it's important to note where the rebound opportunities are coming from, since the odds of grabbing a rebound differ by shot.

Penn has allowed a LOT of free throws at this point. Free throws are the easiest shot to grab a defensive rebound. Second easiest are misses off jumpers. Opponents are only rebounding 25% and 29% of 3PT and 2PTJs respectively, and they are shooting below average from both areas. When that regresses, that will mean fewer rebounding opportunities from those areas.

Penn is doing a nice job on rebounding at the rim (66.7% DREBs), so I think they'll remain an above average rebounding team on the defensive end all year. But there's some natural decline in that number that I'd expect to see. My wager is that Princeton's probably the best defensive rebounding team in league play, but I'd expect Harvard and Penn to be very good as well.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.839 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:00 AM