Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Lafayette
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
12-07-17 02:00 PM - Post#239516    
    In response to Jeff2sf

I'm not going to do it because I like the guys on this team and am fearful of upsetting some player's family relative, but it would be easy to write a strawman why some player other than Brodeur or Betley should have their minutes cut severely. Just like some argue that Sam Jones should be nailed to the bench.

But all the regulars serve a purpose and it's a good idea to blood Scott and Simmons now.

A good coach can figure out a role for a guy who has a really good outside shot that's difficult to defend. And I don't get arguments otherwise, despite the guy's shortcomings, because it's not like other guys on the team don't have shortcomings of their own.

Donahue didn't have much of a role for Foreman at the beginning of last year. He didn't have much of a role for Wood at the beginning of this year. So the argument that some guy doesn't deserve a role in the rotation because he doesn't have one now doesn't have merit.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.237 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:58 AM