Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: GWU
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
12-07-17 06:40 PM - Post#239574    
    In response to umbrellaman

I side with JadwinGeorge on this one. Although many teams go small, you also need the ability to go big dependent on your opponent. Last night was a good example as well as non-conference games against elite teams.

Miller was under utilized by Henderson. He had Miller sit for most of his senior season and went with Brase prior to his injury. Brase had toruble defensively against Mika, Kempton and others. Miller got more time against Notre Dame as Bonzie Colson could overpower Stephens.

Sydney Johnson rightly used Connolly and Maddox against Kentucky bigs. It is my biggest gripe and one of the few regarding Coach Henderson.

Someone will need to step up against Lewis later in the year. The choices are clearly not as good as Miller. If you want to beat very good teams, you better have the ability to go big, medium and small. Last night, they were overmatched by height and size of GW and it showed in rebounding stats. I mentioned it before the game so it is not second guessing.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.245 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:32 AM