Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: GWU
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
12-08-17 02:40 PM - Post#239660    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

We all have our back-seat-driving hobbyhorses. I too would like to see an effective post defender on the floor, who can also make plays by passing and scoring, but the "Princeton center" appears to be a fading memory, visible only in flashes when an old-school hook shot occurs or there is a rare pass to a cutter from the high post. Even if Gladson gets healthy I do not expect to see much commitment to him playing that role for major minutes.

Performance to date underestimates the quality of the team and its likely IL performance, even if the others are pretty good. Many wide-open threes have been missed at a rate that I don't think will be sustained--I'm more worried that not enough good ones have been launched in some games. And I'm optimistic that the man defense will get better as the younger players learn and the older ones figure out their roles in the different lineups. My backseat driving here is that I would like to see an assortment of harassing zones mixed in and a greater commitment to pressuring the ball and inducing turnovers in man defense, and I expect the latter to evolve naturally as it did last season.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.244 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:13 PM