Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Monmouth
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
12-12-17 11:38 PM - Post#240089    
    In response to gokinsmen

Very happy to see the more-harassing defense by the Tigers after the early passivity. For the rest of the game after Monmouth's early run, they could barely get off a trey, and Princeton had them off balance on a host of possessions, leading to steals, bad passes, and dribbles into traffic. The only flaw was Monmouth's late run where the defensive rebounding broke down for several possessions.

Much is now officially a player. Not as strong as he needs to be against the bruisers, but he was very reliable handling the ball and making good passing decisions, as well hitting some timely shots. I thought Schweger brought a ton tonight, especially in moving without the ball and cutting to the basket, but also chipping in to help get rebounds. Aririguzoh also impressed me, and i liked his passing connection to Schweger. Good minutes from Brennan, who is too tentative at times but did a lot more good things than bad tonight. It seems to me that the Other Guys are more prone to move the basketball and pass quickly than the Big Three.

But that was a fine performance by Bell, Cannady and Stephens. In the first half Stephens turned down some open three-point attempts and it never worked out. Second half, he let it rip and knocked down a number of non-lucky shots to go with this couple of answered prayers. His defense was terrific as well. Bell passed up some open threes early as well, but then got his rhythm going and had a terrific overall game. And Cannady was his usual potent self, along with a couple of nice steals to improve his Curry impression.

Really the best overall two-way game by the whole lineup against a decent Monmouth team that can do some things. Now they need to not be satisfied and to keep working on their quick ball movement, aggressive perimeter D, and defensive rebounding. Sure hope Morales and Gladson get well soon.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.199 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:25 AM