Username Post: 2018 Football Schedule
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
12-13-17 02:19 PM - Post#240137    
    In response to MangyOne

• MangyOne Said:
Does anyone know the Bison's OOC games for 2018? So far, all I have heard is we are hosting William & Mary on the Sept. 1 opener and traveling to Villanova on Sept. 22. A good start with two CAA games. Would love to know more - any info out there?

No info.. We know there are three missing games - but the interesting thing is that there seem to be four likely ones:
I
1. Sacred Heart - last year was the first in what is likely a two-game series.

2. Marist - series has been played consecutively for more than a decade, and last year was an odd year - implying BU owes a game at Marist in 2018

3 Cornell - The series has run for almost 20'consecutive years. This past year was an even year, implying the series could be broken off - but it has become such a traditional game that I doubt it. Also one of the renaining unknown games needs to be a home game and Cornell fits the bill - unlike Monmouth, Sacred Heart, or Marist.

4. Monmouth - Last year was Game 1 of the series, implying a return game is due. But perhaps it was some special arrangement, giving Monmouth a game on a date where another game fell through. Or part of some three-way deal involving Charleston Southern, who Bucknell visited but never got a home game. (Fwiw, Monmouth and Charleston Southern are fellow members of the Big South)

If I had to bet, I would bet on Cornell, Marist, and Sacred Heart. But that is purely a guess.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:31 AM