Username Post: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Tiger81 
Masters Student
Tiger81
Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
12-17-17 08:48 AM - Post#240384    
    In response to jeromelh

I just watched the replay, nice away win for the Tigers!

I have not been able to see many games so far this season, but this was the first time I have seen Princeton look like a team that can contend for a title. As others have noted, the competition was not strong, but last night they played like a team and not a collection of parts: the defensive intensity and ball movement that made last year’s team so tough to play against were present throughout (at least until they cleared the bench) and a stat sheet with many assists, steals/blocks and few TOs reflects that effort. Shooting 16-24 from deep was crazy but most of those were open looks in rhythm. And unlike some of the previous games I have seen this year, they did not play like they were waiting for Spencer Weisz to start the offense or for Steven Cook to energize the defense.

I’d be interested to hear what other posters have to say about what we have learned so far this season. My take: Big 3 are living up to high expectations; the hype on Much is also accurate, he seemed very comfortable and like a legit 4th weapon last night; Desrosiers shows promise but still looks like a rookie; Schwieger is a very pleasant surprise, almost like a more athletic version of Weisz and a glue-guy who can do many things well; Gladson’s steady post presence is missed and I hope he returns soon; Brennan, Young and LeBlanc have not broken through but are reliable veterans who have been surpassed in the rotation by the freshmen; and although it has been nice to see Aririguzoh play more he is still very raw and mistake-prone.

The mix of talent should make the Tigers a flexible, competitive and fun to watch team if they can sustain last night’s effort against higher quality opponents.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.223 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:33 PM