dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
12-18-17 10:54 PM - Post#240486    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

• HARVARDDADGRAD Said:
I wonder if selling separate packages is a good idea. My observation is that the women's games were sparsely attended, with lingering men's game attendees constituting a significant portion of the attendance.

Well, there was actually only one game that wasn't sparsely attended in the whole thing. Last year, the Penn-Brown women's game started out poorly--worse than a typical regular season game--although it finished well with the folks filing in for the P-P men's game. I watched the first few minutes of the H-Y men's game, and that was pretty poorly attended. I did not stay for the H-Pr women's game, but from the highlights I saw, hardly anyone was there. As we know, the men's final had 3,000 something. The women's final also seemed to draw less than a typical regular season game, although in fairness, the seating policy spread people out so much that it might have seemed smaller than it was. It certainly wasn't much more, though.

My point with the women is that if it's pretty much a friends and family fest anyway, might as well make it convenient and less expensive for them to attend. I actually do agree that it would be better to have it hosted by the first place team each year; it would give them an earned advantage and get them out from under the shadow of the men a bit. The one problem would be if they continue to have the men's tournament at home sites, you would have to figure out how to squish the women in, bit that's doable.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.485 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:07 PM