Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Michael Wang
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
12-21-17 10:44 AM - Post#240898    
    In response to mrjames

• mrjames Said:
I try to provide context everywhere I can.

From a prioritization perspective, the prizes in the Ivy this year were Jaelin, Freedman and Noah. A full step beyond that would be guys like Taurus Samuels and Mason Forbes. Then, there are a bunch that are all - depends on who you talk to, mostly positive to mostly negative, but all guys that are expected to have an impact in the rotation at some point in their Ivy careers. Wang is somewhere in that group.

Thanks Mr J. I would ask where in your grouping was Ryan Betley? I am pretty sure there is a long list of IL recruits in his class that were considered to have an impact in the league long before he would have had and right now he has to be considered in a pretty exclusive group in a very strong class. I realize this is just one example and I don't put a lot of value in my own cherry picking I do recognize the value of a recruit that fits into a program and coaches that recognize that fit early.

I think Mike Wang was a pretty high priority for the Penn Coaches from the beginning and they are quite pleased with his commitment. I don't know if he will be a star in year 1 but to say he was anything other than a top target for Penn would be inaccurate.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.239 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:57 AM