Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2018 Ivy Tournament Back At The Palestra
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
12-21-17 10:39 PM - Post#241000    
    In response to Streamers

The stated objectives for the IL Tournament was to "showcase" IL BB and provide the student athletes with an enhanced personal experience. I suspect that it is more one vs. two. If one wants to showcase the league where would you hold a tournament? With that criteria, the Palestra gets the edge over Mohegan Sun or Bridgeport. If the criteria, also included fairness, the tournament would not be held at the Palestra. If the criteria was showcase and fairness, it would be held at a location like Madison Square Garden or possibly the Barclay Center but the ACC, Big East and actually the Big Ten will be at these two sites in 2018 so there really is no location that meets showcase and fairness criteria therefore there is an argument to go back to the Palestra. If Penn wins due to homecourt advantage, it will be somewhat tarnished but .... I have always wondered if the IL Tournament Committee really thought thru all of the issues like this one in depth -- I have my doubts. Last year was almost the perfect (disastrous) storm but the IL Tournament Committee dodged the bullet.

At the end of the day, I personally do not care about the location of the IL Tournament as it has no relevance to my fandom, albeit a limited one, as I am only interested in who wins the regular season. Fortunately, it appears that the league will be very competitive and we should see some great battles although perhaps not high quality BB this year but let's hope that teams improve.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.887 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:54 PM