Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Middle Tennessee
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
12-23-17 09:43 AM - Post#241117    
    In response to JadwinGeorge

MT would surely be the IL favorite based on the "predictive" power of KenPom, #66. They are very good but like most teams, they have a weakness --- 3 pt shooting. MT is very athletic, extremely quick and play in the interior unlike IL teams. King is a throwback player as to getting to the rim and he was a match up problem in the 2nd half. They would be very good over the entire season as they are deep, play hard in addition to being well coached. I thought that the Tigers would learn more from playing MT than USC for IL play; especially regarding intensity for 40 minutes. Will MT beat USC??? -- very interesting match up -- not sure.

It is interesting that the top IL teams are now between 123-162 while the bottom four are 222-260. The top is not as good this year and the bottom may be better which should make an interesting season.

The one player that concerns me as to match ups in the IL may be Harvard's Lewis as I am not sure who will effectively defend him -- Stephens will be on Townes -- Bell/Cannady will be on Aikens. Morgan could also be an issue although the Tigers have handled him well in the past.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.289 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:32 AM