Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Akron
gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
12-23-17 11:36 PM - Post#241236    
    In response to bradley

I contend that the Cal Poly game was a HUGE confidence boost for our interior defense and freshman bigs. They got to see clear results from their hard work and tenacity.

This is one reason I'd like to schedule an easier slate to start non-conf and then finish it off with an event like the Diamond Head where you can face 1-2 great opponents. If you make adjustments after losses to Butler and BYU only to get crushed by Miami and lose again to GW, you don't learn a lot. It's also easy to get down on yourself when you're 0-3, 2-5. That's how you lose wire-to-wire at home to Lehigh.

As for a two-bid Ivy, I think the best strategy is to rack up a gaudy record against cupcakes and win 1 of the 2 "marquee" games you schedule in non-conf. Heck, the Selection Committee even considers close losses to be a positive.

Taking into account the Ivy tourney, a 26-3 record with a 1-1 or 0-1 record against Top 40 teams is better than a 23-6 record with a 1-3 or 0-3 record against Top 40 teams.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.359 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:23 AM