Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Topic Split: Tops in the league on Pomeroy!
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
12-28-17 02:42 PM - Post#241469    
    In response to mrjames

It is truly impressive as to your knowledge of the "numbers". Being somewhat of a dinosaur, I rely on my eyes but certainly take a hard look at the numbers.

During the first 10 games (4-6), Bryce, Lewis and Towns (7 out 10 with a 1-2 record when he played limited or minutes) were on the floor. Although Bryce clearly shot significantly below last year, the Harvard offense looked stale and predictable. The other two players on the floor besides the big 3 simply passed the ball in a circuitous manner. Many times, the shot clock would be getting near the end and one of the big three would get off a lower percentage shot.

Why? Watching several of the early games, my immediate and perhaps wrong reaction is that they miss Chambers and the big 3 might be simply too young to overcome. Just based on what Amaker is doing with the lineups recently, perhaps there may also be a leadership issue. I suspect that Chambers was Amaker's alter ego on the floor and the locker room.

The solution may simply be that shots will start to fall and all is good or is there are underlying issues even with the big 3 on the floor. The beauty of basketball is that we will know in the not too distant future based on results.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.305 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:50 PM