Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Northwestern
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
12-31-17 01:41 AM - Post#241653    
    In response to JBears

Well said re NJIT. I think it’s a biggish game coming off this one and heading into league play.

This was a really good effort for this young team. Listen they got beat in the paint where they were outmuscled and there was nobody to stop the ball at or near the rim. It’s the old story of some excellent guard play and being outmanned inside - the latter being more understandable against a Big 10 opponent.

After they went up 7 on that blown play three pointer, I think Brown realized they had the lead and tightened up. They also went a stretch where they didn’t have either Cambridge or Anderson on the court - and while I liked the experiment, it hurt them.

These were fantastic efforts by Anderson and Cambridge. Wow to both. Announcers seemed to think they were the two best guards on the court and tonight I wouldn’t disagree. I have never seen a Brown player do the things Cambridge did tonight to Northwestern on offense. And Anderson used that quickness that nobody else could match. They're running an offense that lets both of these guys do what they do. That was fun to watch, as was the alley dunk by Choh from Hunsaker.

Felt terrible seeing Northwestern’s McIntosh go down. I really hope he isn’t done for the season. Credit them for rallying after their leader went down and some of the upperclassmen stepping up. Their defensive effort the last 15 minutes took Brown out of rhythm.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.672 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:34 AM