Username Post: American Game
MrPhillie 
Postdoc
MrPhillie
Loc: NE PA
Reg: 07-14-08
12-31-17 02:25 PM - Post#241671    
    In response to nitlion

Well it is just conversation. If anyone chooses to take things personally that’s on them. Since you quoted some of my comment, I do not believe “competitive” is a negative...many teams aren’t. When you are competitive, which Bucknell typically is, you always have a chance to win. And in my view, without knowing the future, I think it will be difficult to be a Top 3 team next year. Not impossible, I would just have to see how different guys step up into very new roles. And speaking of the future, I’ve read and heard more than once that recruiting is a bit of a concern at this moment. I have no inside information, just what I hear and read. So there are many factors that just can’t be known. Of course I have confidence in the program but even the best have to take time to regroup. Recently, Bucknell certainly had to do it 2007-8, 2008-9, 2009-10 and 2013-14. And even those more difficult seasons I enjoyed attending games and following the team.

But I am not looking past this current season that could be very special. I am definitely enjoying this season now and look forward to Kimbal and Avi returning so this team can peak by tournament time. And I am thankful for the contributions of every player and coach. Ray Bucknell!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.158 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:57 PM