Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Boston Game
The Psycho of Sojka 
Sophomore

Reg: 11-15-15
01-03-18 02:15 PM - Post#241878    
    In response to MrPhillie

The game last night hopefully is a wakeup call to the whole team including coaches because I am sure we will see zone defense a lot more now down the road from other teams in the league. I do have to say hats off to Joe Jones on the zone defense it did what it was supposed to do for sure.

Zach played a good game for being sick and you could defiantly tell he was under the weather with shots he usually hits not dropping. Sick or not sick you can tell he wants to win with all of the effort he leaves on the court.
Bruce stepping up for second game in a row with scoring and doing the little stuff that helps you win games. Hopefully this is what we have been waiting for with Bruce.

A few things I saw in person which needs to change in the future against zone defense.
-1 movement is one big thing that needs to happen. I would say a good chunk of the time Nana and Nate posted on the right block and didn't move around either to the elbows or set screens to help create openings for penetration in the zone.
-2 ball fakes! I don't know if I saw one ball fake at all in the game last night.
-3 forcing passes to the inside was where some of the turn overs came from in the first half. There was times they were trying to get Nana the ball on the block and he was double or triple teamed.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.366 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:39 AM