American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Boston Game
jkrun80 
Postdoc

Reg: 05-07-12
01-03-18 10:09 PM - Post#241940    
    In response to Old Bison

• Old Bison Said:
Apologies for being so negative but I don’t agree with JKR that only 3 games in March matter. You have to learn to prepare, learn to compete, learn to win. I would love Bob Knights (who I despise) view on just “turning it on in March”. There’s clearly no panic here but at the same time all the excuses are over. We’re 1-1 in the PL after two games with both at home and one against American w/o Nelson and Boston w/o Havener. We’re not the only NCAA team missing guys.

I didn't mean to imply that regular season games don't matter. To paraphrase Coach Davis, we need to go in expecting to win every game and prepared to win ever game. They weren't prepared to win last night, which he readily admitted was his fault.

But the success or failure of this season won't be judged on one home loss in January. We lost to Lehigh at home last January. On the other hand, if we go 17-1 and lose in the tournament, will that be a successful season? Not to me (or the players or the coaches, I suspect). The overall success of the season will be judged on those three games in March (hopefully more). Just ask the Holy Cross fans.

Edited by jkrun80 on 01-03-18 10:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.141 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:26 PM