dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
01-04-18 04:13 PM - Post#242025    
    In response to Old Bear

• Old Bear Said:
Don't sleep on the Bears, DP. They maybe better than you think. They did lose a starter for the season with an injury, but they the will compete.

I sleep on no one; you'll recall that I was far more worried about the Bears in the SEA last year than I was about the Tigers or Crimson (and for good reason, as it turned out), and with the offensive firepower they have, I definitely think they're one of the favorites to make the cut this year, particularly since Harvard is struggling. Nevertheless, if I'm going to discount my own team for having played three bad teams in a row, I have to discount yours for playing a whole season worth of them. Brown has played exactly one team that is currently over 150 in Sagarin; Penn has played three, and has two more coming up in non-conference (Villanova and Temple). Other than Cornell, who's almost as bad, Brown's schedule is 100 spots behind anyone else in the league.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.133 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:35 AM