Username Post: At Army
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
01-05-18 03:25 PM - Post#242174    
    In response to MyOhMighty

• MyOhMighty Said:
And let's watch the substitution pattern, which I think has been idiosyncratic. In the Boston game, 10 Bison players played in the first 10 minutes. Many different line-up combinations are being used. I don't know if this is strategy or just an attempt to find something that works in the particular moment. But, basketball is a game of rhythm and flow, and I think for some players this type of substitution philosophy could feel disruptive. It's not hockey.

You may recall that ND did the same thing last year, often using 11 or 12 players in the first 10 minutes. I didn't like it and agree it can be disruptive. It was only in the latter part of the season last year when he shortened the rotation to nine or ten, with Robertson, Azzinaro, O'Reilly, and Jones (until West Virginia) seeing their minutes reduced or eliminated.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.291 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:02 AM