Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: At Army
Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
01-06-18 10:15 AM - Post#242250    
    In response to Bison137

Army trip was great - two fireplaces at the Thayer. One in the Patton Pub (gas) and a huge beautiful medieval type in the lobby (wood). We asked to put the one on in the pub and they complied. Upon leaving we asked at the desk why the lobby one wasn’t burning...you would have thought I had 3 eyes. The response after some internal checking was they “had no wood”!If you’re not going to have burning during a blinding snowstorm and 5’F then when?

Highland Falls (hint Paulie) was rockin’ ... think Madi Gras.

Observations:

1. V good TEAM effort...guys were cheering on teammates and having fun competing
2. Bison showed they could play good team defense if they’re so inclined. Thought Sotos defensive game was exceptional which lent confidence to his offense and floor game...despite high TO total. Couldn’t tell if one backcourt violation was in fact deflected off his knee but I certainly didn’t let the refs know that. Back to the D, we actually turned penetrating guards on a number of occasions (both in the HC and in transition). Also forced higher DoD on drives to the hoop. Baseline help was generally good although late on occasion...large number of blocks hid some sins but that goes back to why it was a good team effort. Generally, much better job keeping people in front of us.
3. Very unselfish games by Nana and Zach
4. Army is very young (1 Sr.) and puts a lot of pressure on you.
5. Couple of bad mental decisions by the PG’s in transition (1 on 3) which didn’t matter but could have hurt in close games. I will that #4 gets you into the trap by the sheer pace but you gotta turn around, make them defend for 30 seconds and go back to trying to get it low to NF/NS/Zach
6. Bruce with good back2b contributions

Paulie, what should I do with the second house...you can move in if you bring some Bison girls.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:42 AM