Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Princeton Game
Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
01-06-18 11:28 PM - Post#242521    
    In response to SteveChop

4 hours later and it feels just as good now. What a tremendous win. The interesting things for me were:

The defense was awesome. Princeton was cold early but everything after that was a result of just great d. I don't think they got beat backdoor a single time all game. When was the last time that happened? The bigs were great and the others were as well. Even though the offense can struggle at times without real 3 point danger or a true pg, the d from Woods/Foreman is crucial.

Max just wanted it more. He was even pumping up the crowd after the red and the blue. I have never seen him like that and he is a difference maker this year, as we need him to be. Some of those passes were incredible. Awesome stuff.

Betley continues to be the star that we need him to be. When Princeton has to change their entire gameplan because of him, you know he is special. I'm still stunned he missed both free throws and I'd like to see him get a little more aggressive when getting denied, even if it means forcing things, but sometimes you have to give the defense credit too.

AJ's baseline j was indeed the shot of the game. I don't want to think about what might have been if it hadn't fallen, but it was confident, smooth and certainly took advantage of the freshman (who is going to be a major pain in the butt for 4 years). As for the 3s, I don't have the heart to go back and look, but if he has made more than 1 out of his last 15 I'd be stunned. Most of them are wide open too. I had high hopes he could have turned into Zoller from out there...I guess there's still time.

Antonio was everything those of us who have ever touted him always say. His athleticism and ability to finish around the basket was a major difference maker.

How about Devon all of a sudden getting run, and early run at that? He made a couple of nice plays too.

It was really encouraging to see Jarrod do what he did with his limited minutes. That spin move was gorgeous and in no way did he look lost out there. He'll learn with the silly fouls and I only wish Eddie had the chance to get some of these minutes too. I guess it's pretty bad, huh? Do we know how it happened?

I have to also give props to the coach. We had a very dark 10 years and to have us in this position is just awesome. Congrats to the team who I'm sure feels fantastic.

Now I just need to figure out a way to watch the end of the Eagles next week from the Palestra without slingbox. I can't imagine streaming from inside will work too well...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.717 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:56 PM