Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Inquirer Article on the Game
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
01-07-18 09:14 PM - Post#242616    
    In response to Penndemonium

Agreed we don't have a guy who just totally controls it at the end the way, say, Rosen could. However, with Woods we are more or less playing 2 PGs. Having him out there gives us options and takes burden off Darnell. Obviously it would be better if we could nail the free throws, but there are a lot of good things we do with the current rotation, and we seem to finally be at a point where our strengths outweigh our weaknesses. That's true even in the end game.

On the rotation/coaching generally the most impressive thing may be the buy in. AJ could be sitting around saying I'd be scoring 17 a night if they kept me inside where I was last year. Sam Jones could be sulking on the bench when he plays a good stretch of games, and then gets no time in the biggest game of the year so far. Matt MacDonald and Jake Silpe could be sulking about similar stuff. Instead, the guys are buying into their roles, recognizing the value everybody brings, and supporting each other and having fun on the bench. It helps you to believe when you see the results, of course, but there is a lot of faith and buy in that has to come before you start to see the results.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.269 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:40 PM