Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: all that happened
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
01-10-18 07:44 PM - Post#242921    
    In response to palestra38

P38, I would agree with your overall point about the team, but I'm not sure I'll agree that Woods just fits our team and system better than Howard. I wouldn't attribute the improvement of our team to either of them. It seems very plausible to me that our team would have taken an equal or better jump if Howard were here in Woods' place.

That's what makes the improvement of this year's team so great. I can't point to big changes in talent. It simply seems to be a group that plays bigger than the sum of their parts this year. I think that would have happened if Howard were here too. Their intangibles are way up, and a 20-30 spot jump in Kenpom from that alone is a huge one. It means our team has taken a leap to become watchable, fun, an worthy of our fandom.

Yes, Jeff2sf, the league is down and our team is not super-strong. Yes, we gushed about a win at Delaware State. We are having fun. We don't need you to knock sense into us. Most of us enjoy being positive (and sometimes misguidedly so) on this board more than being being drawn into petty side arguments. Leave us alone. Make your points without disparaging others' intellect. It's not that hard.

• palestra38 Said:
Antonio's numbers are significantly better than they were his first two years contrary to your prediction that that could not happen. Indeed, they are pretty similar to and promise a senior year very close to (gasp) Rob Belcore.

You simply don't understand court balance. No one is suggesting that either Max or Antonio are better players than Matt Howard. However, they fit the needs of this team better, since Betley is a much better scorer than Howard, Max plays better interior defense and is a bigger threat inside on offense than Howard and Antonio is a much better defensive player on the perimeter and a much better ballhandler than Howard. So while Howard overall was better, these guys make the team better. And you completely missed that in your preseason analysis and stubbornly persist in making that argument even when the true fans are feeling good about beating Princeton.

Your arrogant insistence on being recognized as a superior intellect far outweighs your status as a Quaker fan. On that, the satire got it just right. It was a bit unfair to suggest that that arrogance exceeds your love for your kids...but then again, it is satire.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.666 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:39 AM