Username Post: all that happened
Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
01-10-18 09:33 PM - Post#242932    
    In response to TheLine

• TheLine Said:
  • Jeff2sf Said:
I predicted 8-6 and 4th. One game different. I also predicted we'd be at a 130ish KenPom. I've been off so far.

What led you to the conclusion that Penn would be 8-6, KP 130ish? Tell me there's some statistical basis and it wasn't something you pulled from a body orifice. Because if that's the case then you're saying the season is a disappointment because the team hasn't reached a KP number you made up.

You come off as unimpressed that Penn beat the odds-on favorite to win the league - the one team that has a better KP than Penn's. I truly don't get that.

And you know what? It's OK to acknowledge that there are some guys on this team who are overachieving and putting us in this situation. Looking at you, Antonio Woods and Max Rothschild. They aren't the stars of the team but they play hard and play smart every single game. Bravo.

As a "stats guy" if you want to point something out then is it OK to educate without the condescension? Maybe all the banter on the site isn't to your liking but we're still able to discuss advanced metrics. That's advancement.

do you want to have a convo about this or do you want to be a jerk? cus while I do criticize (justly) P38, i've mostly left you alone and don't deserve the snark you're sending my way. So either lower the temperature or let's just not even do this.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.625 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:12 PM