Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: all that happened
Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
Reg: 11-23-04
01-11-18 10:40 AM - Post#242972    
    In response to palestra38

I like what Woods is doing this year-- more than I thought I would. He's playing smart, unselfish, team-first basketball. He's focusing on doing the things he does well, and isn't trying to do the things he's not so good at. He's not forcing things and isn't making a lot of mistakes. (For instance, he takes very few shots that aren't high-percentage shots for him.) He also seems to have improved as the season has gone on. All of this adds up to leadership, and teams don't win without that.

That's why Antonio is starting, and why he's playing so many minutes, and why other players are getting so many opportunities to succeed. Is he 'better' than Matt Howard? Is he 'worse?' I have no idea. It doesn't matter. The only thing we can say for certain is that Antonio Woods isn't Matt Howard.

The point here is that Woods is playing a highly productive role for this team, is contributing significantly to team efficiency on both sides of the ball, and is part of the reason the team seems to have taken a step forward this season. All that said, the jury's still out. Let's see how all this looks in a month or so. I'm still twitching over last season's 0-6 Ivy start.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.219 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:43 PM