Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: all that happened
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
01-11-18 03:47 PM - Post#243032    
    In response to mrjames

Achem...."some" of us questioned your high evaluation of Princeton because they retained no quality big men. You are correct that no one anticipated Yale's injuries. Harvard is half and half.

But again, you guys continually back into non-predictions by looking at non-comparable statistics (such as KenPom--140 last year does not equal 140 this year) or saying that Woods had a 10% chance of performing at this level, so if he does, the prediction was correct. I don't expect acknowledgment on this but that's my view.

On the actual play, there is a reason why Penn's TO rate is so low--it plays 2 guys who are skilled ballhandlers over 30 minutes a game, and Betley and as it turns out, Max, both are very good passers. It's a really well coached team, and reminds me a bit of Donahue's great Cornell teams in that respect. We just don't have the shooters who can do the other things so we have to choose.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.477 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:13 PM