In response to Jeff2sf

Your predicted best Penn starting lineup this year:

Foreman
Goodman
Betley
Jones
Brodeur

Your statement about Woods:

Antonio Woods was a highly mediocre basketball player. Maybe he'll get better. I hope he does. There's very little in his past to support that.

There is no way we are net better on D with Matt Howard out. Antonio is not that good.

Your statement about Rothschild:

No, sorry, PennFan, it's been proven that Max Rothschild's previous play was mediocre FROM AN EFFICIENCY POV. More minutes doesn't solve that.

This is what I said before the season started:

Having a veteran backcourt of Woods and Foreman might be a critical advantage in the Ivy race. We haven't had 2 guards with real on the ball skills since Toole-Begley and neither of them was a classic PG who could break down defenses. Rosen played with Belcore, certainly not a guy who could penetrate, same with Ibby (Grandieri?). Even Jordan played with Langel--a great combo but not 2 guards who could break down defenses. So this could be our most difficult to defend backcourt since Allen/Maloney. Betley then becomes critical for scoring off the pass, and I think he's up to that task. This works especially if those guys put such pressure on the ball on defense that their height cannot be used against them.

I like it.

I can go on and on. The problem is that you are all over the place once your initial view is disproven.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.882 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:02 PM